GrammaTech Releases CodeSurfer® 1.5.1 for CNovember 14, 2001 Tweet
Ithaca, New York -- GrammaTech, Inc. today announced the release of CodeSurfer® 1.5.1, a next-generation maintenance, understanding, inspection, and analysis tool. CodeSurfer is useful for software understanding, inspection, restructuring, maintenance, debugging, testing, feature extraction, impact analysis, specialization, reuse, anomaly detection, and security and safety assurance tasks.
CodeSurfer's powerful program-analysis techniques precompute program properties allowing you to quickly and precisely analyze and understand ANSI C source code. CodeSurfer is the first commercial tool to provide precise interprocedural program slicing and pointer analysis. CodeSurfer automatically generates hyperlinks in your project so that navigating the dependences in your code is as easy as surfing the web.
CodeSurfer's interprocedural program slicing is a technique that reveals the deep structure within source code. A forward slice from any point of interest shows all the code that is impacted by that point of interest. A backward slice shows all the code that impacts the point of interest.
CodeSurfer can help you understand the far-reaching effects of statements in your program, which are not otherwise easily discovered. CodeSurfer performs pointer analysis so it knows which pointers point to which variables and procedures. CodeSurfer provides advanced searching capabilities that take into account control flow, data flow, and program structure to deliver precise query results.
Major New Features in CodeSurfer® 1.5.1
- Additional Compiler Model- A Compiler model for GCC has been added to Windows versions of CodeSurfer, making a GCC compiler model available on all platforms.
- Compiler Tools- Windows versions of CodeSurfer now ship with Cygwin compiler tools.
Performance and Scalability Improvements
- Improved Pointer Analysis - The CodeSurfer pointer analysis algorithm has been improved, significantly increasing build performance and scalability.
- Improved analysis for non-local variables - The time and space requirements required for analysis of non-local variables has been improved by new internal data structures.
- Improved project scalability - CodeSurfer can now handle larger projects than previous versions.
Packaging & Platform
CodeSurfer is now available in two different packages: the CodeSurfer Programmable Package (starting at $3,995) and the CodeSurfer Entry Package (starting at $795). CodeSurfer runs under Windows.
GrammaTech's static-analysis tools are used worldwide by startups, Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. The staff includes fourteen researchers with PhDs in programming languages and program analysis.